A leading industrial manufacturing organization is looking to appoint a Health & Safety Manager to oversee this function across multiple operations at one of their key locations. This position will sit within the senior management team for the location, acting as the standalone Health & Safety professional within a high-risk, fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing a healthy safety culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Influences Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance and site management to drive the Safety performance and results.
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Monitors changes to all Safety regulations pertaining to their area and reviews recommendations for incorporation into Safety management systems and standards in a timely manner.
- Accountable for managing site Safety documentation to include program design, Safety data collection and posting, training documentation, and Safety KPI reports.
- Participates as a leader for audits and assigns Safety resources to audits in their area.
- 5+ years’ Safety experience within heavy manufacturing settings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, IH, Safety Sciences or related fields.
- Strong knowledge of LOTO, Machine guarding, & BBS.
- Experience with a union workforce preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.