A leading global industrial manufacturer is looking to hire an Environmental Manager to be based out of their facility near the Toledo, OH area. The company has manufacturing, assembly, and services operations nationally. As part of the team, the Environmental Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining plant environmental programs in the areas of waste, water, and ISO 14001 management.
- Support air quality manager with facility-wide air quality program, assisting with permit preparation and ongoing compliance, as needed
- Ensure the facility is operating in compliance with all applicable environmental regulations
- Ensure proper onsite management and offsite disposal of solid, universal, and hazardous wastes and lead plant efforts to minimize waste.
- Prepare all environmental reports for submission to federal, state, and local agencies.
- Maintain environmental management system (EMS) in compliance with ISO 14001 certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Discipline highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Must have a strong working knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental laws and regulations relating to water, solid waste, and hazardous waste management