A global industrial manufacturing company is seeking an Environmental & Public Affairs Manager to lead the Cañon City, CO area site's Environmental program. This business invests heavily in its EHS programs and has developed a strong environmental culture in which both the CEO and President take active roles. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing a healthy environmental culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Influences Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance and site management to drive the Environmental performance and results.
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Monitors changes to all environmental regulations pertaining to their area and reviews recommendations for incorporation into environmental management systems and standards in a timely manner.
- Accountable for managing site environmental documentation to include program design, environmental data collection and posting, training documentation, and environmental KPI reports.
- Participates as a leader for audits and assigns environmental resources to audits in their area.
- 7+ years in environmental roles with a heavy manufacturing setting.
- Strong knowledge & experience with Title V air permitting.
- Experience with HazWaste, PSD, NSR.
- Familiarity with NPDS & RCRA environmental permitting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, Environmental Science/Engineering or a related technical field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.