Environmental & Sustainability Manager
Up to £55k + company car
We are exclusively partnered with a major civil engineering company who are looking for an Environmental & Sustainability Manager to join their team.
As Environmental & Sustainability Manager you will be leading on several environmental aspects, helping to deliver environmental and sustainability deliverables on a large-scale rail maintenance contract. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will be interacting with both internal and external stakeholder, including the supply chain.
This position will require you to travel to different sites, therefore you must have a full UK driving license.
The Sustainability Manager will be responsible for:
- Driving environmental and sustainability aspects on site to ensure successful delivery.
- Being a main point of contact to the business, advising on key areas associated with sustainability, environmental and social issues, using your expert knowledge.
- Ensuring potential risks across projects and sites are being mitigated.
- Ensuring environmental and sustainability standards are being implemented and met.
- Ensuring best practices are being followed and continuous improvement is being adopted.
- Making sure staff have relevant environmental training.
- Guaranteeing that there are full investigations carried out for all incidents and near misses.
The Sustainability Manager will have:
- Proven experience in environmental/sustainability within the built environment space, with exposure to rail/rail maintenance/engineering
- Relevant environmental degree or equivalent
- Member of IEMA
- Strong technical environmental and sustainability skills, and knowledge of relevant legislation
- Full UK Driving Licence
Vacancy Reference: PR/026363
Vacancy Owner: Sarah Gould | email@example.com | 01296 611317 | (+44) 7485 329480