Environment & Sustainability Lead
Full time, Rotterdam
Our company's factory in Botlek is part of a global network and produces Carbon Blacks for high
quality applications in tires, plastics, and batteries. They contribute to the energy transition by producing and developing materials used in electric vehicles. With 120 colleagues, you will contribute every day to operate, maintain, and improve the factory efficiently and safely.
The Botlek location has a General Manager and a management team that leads the SHE, HRM, Finance, Operations, and Technology departments.
What is Offered:
-Relaxed and engaged team environment The company prefers short communication lines, mutual respect and interest, and celebrate our achievements together.
-Growth They prioritize giving you every opportunity to develop and improve yourself, while investing in people and providing various training opportunities.
-Flexible work environment An average of 36 hours per week, meaning every other Friday is off.
-Well being The company wants their people to be healthy and full of energy. Therefore, they encourage your motivation further by facilitating sports activities.
-Additional benefits travel reimbursement, health insurance, pension scheme
- Using in depth knowledge of environmental matters, the environment & sustainability lead ensures that our factory continues to operate within our permits and applicable laws and regulations. At the same time, the role holder can develop a strategy for a sustainable future for our factory in the areas of energy, air/water emissions, and waste.
- Responsible for developing, executing, and promoting the plant's environmental policy. Further elaboration and implementation of the company's sustainability strategy.
- A hands on approach that can combine daily practice with a vision/strategy for the future. Understands what is important today (reporting, measurements, monitoring, stakeholder management) and what will be important tomorrow (regulations, objectives, ...). Knows that direct involvement is always necessary on important issues but can also zoom out and maintain an overview.
- First point of contact for authorities and for the organization for environmental and sustainability--related questions. Interacts with various stakeholders and can navigate interactions between authorities, (senior) management, and the shop floor.
- Translating vision and policy into operational execution and concrete objectives and actions. Actively promoting the vision and creating support.
- Communicating at all levels within the organization regarding the environment, so that relevant issues are addressed quickly and adequately, for example, through toolbox meetings, training, and written communication.
- Providing environmental reports to authorities, such as CBS, NEa (Dutch Emission Authority), competent authority, headquarters, etc.
- Identifying, recording, investigating, and reporting unwanted events such as Near Misses and Environmental Non Conformances (ENCs). Introducing corrective measures if necessary and proactively monitoring progress.
- Monitoring and continually improving our SHE management systems, such as ISO 14001.
- Coordinating and conducting audits and self--assessments to ensure compliance.
- Monitoring environmental conditions in the preparation and implementation phase of (investment) projects.
- Applying for environmental permits and implementing permit conditions.
- Proactively monitoring and complying with: laws and regulations, corporate standards, and location--specific safety and environmental policies.
- Translating laws and regulations and corporate policies into location policies and operational execution with concrete objectives and actions.
- Preparing, monitoring, and maintaining location--specific procedures and work instructions, emergency plans, and environmental--related documents.
- Preparing and monitoring the energy efficiency plan and climate plan.
- Securing waste management in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conducting tours and audits on environmental--related topics.
- Maintaining and further implementing the sustainability strategy within the organization.
- Informing, advising, and collaborating with senior management. Able to take delegated responsibility on behalf of FGM for compliance.
- Completed HBO or WO degree (Chemical or Mechanical engineering) with knowledge of or supplemented with Environmental Science (permits, Environmental Management Act)
- Five years of relevant work experience in the chemical industry
- Practical knowledge/experience in environmental reporting, CO2 emission reporting/trading, ISO 14001, Environmental Management Act and permits, energy efficiency, etc., is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English languages
- Good informal and formal communication skills with government authorities
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Vacancy Reference: PR/027046
Vacancy Owner: Ally Bliss | email@example.com