Environmental & Sustainability Lead
We are partnered with a major construction and civils company who are looking for an Environmental & Sustainability Lead to join their team and work on a major project.
As Environmental & Sustainability Lead you will be leading on several environmental and sustainability aspects for the organisation, helping to deliver sustainability objectives against the project.
They are open to candidates from the built environment sector (e.g. civils, construction) and also those from consultancy who have had a focus in civils/construction. This position does require you to work on site a few days a week. Accommodation support could be offered to those happy to stay away from home a few days a week.
The Environmental & Sustainability Lead will be responsible for:
- Driving environmental and sustainability aspects of the project and supporting the team.
- Ensuring environmental and sustainability standards are being implemented and met.
- Identifying and mitigating environmental risks at all stages of the construction cycle, and deliver environmental plans.
- Carrying out environmental visits and inspections.
- Advising on environmental and sustainability legislation and policies.
- Be a point of contact for external parties including subcontractors and the regulators and be able to advise them on environmental and sustainability queries.
- Providing environmental training to those with environmental responsibilities.
- Collaborating with the wider business to ensure consistency in approach.
The Environmental & Sustainability Lead will have:
- A member of IEMA
- A relevant degree of qualification in environmental or a science related subject
- Strong technical environmental skills and experience dealing with legal requirements
- Previous environmental experience on construction or civils projects
- Full UK Drivers License
Vacancy Reference: PR/026555
Vacancy Owner: Sarah Gould | email@example.com | (+44) 1296 611317 | (+44) 7485 329480