An international manufacturing organization is seeking an EHS Specialist at one of its key locations near Thousand Oaks, CA. Working under the direction of the EHS Director and alongside a team of EHS professionals, the EHS Specialist will be tasked with taking ownership of the environmental regulatory compliance and programs for the facility, including ISO 14001 audits.
- Works to develop, implement and maintain Environmental, Health, and Safety, programs & procedures
- Lead the environmental compliance process for meeting ISO 14001 audits
- Ensure all applicable registrations, permits and licenses are in place and current for areas such as ADMQ, Stormwater, Wastewater etc.
- Performs necessary EHS audits and safety inspections of work environments in compliance with relevant government regulations and industry standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Science or a related degree preferred
- 5+ years of EHS experience, specifically with environmental regulations and compliance
- Experienced with ISO 14001 audit process
- Experience within a heavy manufacturing (or similar) environment preferred
- Strong communication skills, ability to engage with employees at all levels