A national wholesaler is looking to appoint a EHS/ Food Safety/ Quality Assurance Manager to oversee compliance for their Stockton, CA site. The EHS/ Food Safety/ Quality Assurance Manager will be tasked with ensuring safe working conditions for all team members in an distribution/logistics setting. The incumbent must possess an ability to communicate with individuals at all levels with the goal of developing a positive safety culture.
- Lead Health and Safety processes including risk assessments and mitigation, and ergonomics
- Maintain EHS policies and standards to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Measure, evaluate, and recommend changes on the effectiveness of hazard management systems, policies and procedures to eliminate workplace injuries
- Perform site health and safety investigations to ensure proper corrective and preventative measures have been implemented
- Develop and perform training
- Verifies that all Quality Assurance and Food Safety initiatives are functioning as required, being followed and correctly documented
- Ensures that food products meet standards set by the company, regulatory authorities, and customers
- Creates and structures testing and verification procedures, including frequency and documentation
- Comprehends GMPs, sanitation processes, product recall procedures, and HACCP
- Ensures that all quality checks are completed
- Documents and communicates findings and recommends corrective action for non-compliance
- Implements and employs a mindset of best practices and continuous improvement
- Minimum of three years' experience in EHS or Food Safety or Quality Assurance roles.
- Safety experience within manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in OHS, IH, Physical Science/Engineering preferred
- Associate's Degree required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.