An international transportation company is seeking an EHS Project Engineer based in Long Beach, CA.
The incumbent will act as an internal project manager, providing engineering expertise for an important client at the site. The successful candidate will need a strong understanding of EHS management systems such as ISO60204-1, 602061, 13849, or 12100.
- Provide technical guidance and stay up to date on all relevant EHS regulations that impact the project, at federal, state and local level.
- Provide strategy, structure, and establish assurance for the Project and Terminal Leadership teams.
- Create EHS SOPs for the assessment, testing, and implementation of technologies.
- Administer Risk Assessments and Process Hazard Analyses
- Advise on EHS legal reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science/Engineering field is required.
- 7+ years as a Safety System Engineer, Process Engineer, Project Manager, or similar position.
- Experience from highly regulated industries such as Oil & Gas, Aerospace, and Automotive.
- Experience developing and implementing EHS Management Systems.
- Extensive knowledge of FAA/FDA/NRC regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.