A chemical manufacturing company is seeking an EHS Manager to lead a manufacturing facility near Piscataway, NJ. The EHS Manager will be a part of the site leadership team and will be the EHS subject matter expert for this location. The successful candidate will be tasked with fostering and influencing a healthy safety culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage employees at various levels of the business.
- Acts as a change-agent, influencing plant employees and management to drive the EHS performances and lead the plant to a world-class safety program
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Accountable for managing site EHS documentation
- Leads site EHS audits and recommends corrective actions where necessary
- 5+ years of EHS experience in a manufacturing setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, IH, Physical Science/Engineering or a related technical field
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Experience working in a PSM regulated facility
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence a healthy safety culture
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills