An international aerospace parts manufacturer is seeking an EHS Manager at one of its main locations in Groton, CT. Working closely with the local leadership team, the incumbent will be responsible for managing the entire EHS programs at the facility, working to minimize safety risks, ensuring compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies, and implementing corporate initiatives.
- Develop and implement various EH&S programs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Manage various safety programs such as machine guarding, lock out/tag out, job hazard analysis, hazard communications, and incident reporting and investigations.
- Manage environmental compliance and programs including storm-water protection, spill prevention, wastewater monitoring, air quality testing, and hazardous waste handling.
- Lead regular reviews and audits to ensure that safety and environmental programs meet or exceed the established federal/state regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, Engineering, or a related field
- 6+ years of EHS management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local EHS regulations
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills