A chemical manufacturing company is looking for an EHS Director to lead the company wide EHS function, based from either NJ or VA. The EHS Director will be responsible for driving corporate initiatives down to the plant level, and partnering with site-level EHS Managers and employees to promote a positive safety culture. Leading a large team of direct reports, the EHS Director will be responsible for providing oversight for all Corporate EHS functions, and taking EHS operations to the next level company-wide.
**Please note: this is not a remote role. The EHS Director must be based in either the Montville, NJ or Richmond, VA areas.**
- Oversee corporate EHS programs and procedures, ensuring compliance with both the company's corporate policies as well as local and federal agency requirements
- Provide strategic leadership for the business, setting and achieving long-term goals for EHS performance
- Influences Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance and site management teams to drive the EHS performance and results.
- Collaborate with other key leaders to assess EHS processes and performance and leading continuous improvement initiatives
- Travelling up to 25%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering, or related technical field required
- Minimum 10 years of progressive EHS experience in manufacturing processing environments
- Experience in the chemicals industry required
- Strategic and influential hands-on leader with experience managing a corporate EHS program
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of direct reports, operating across multiple locations and collaborating with cross-functional teams