An industrial manufacturing company, who are an industry-leader within their niche, are seeking an EHS Director to lead their corporate EHS strategy and function. Reporting into the VP of Manufacturing, this role will have oversight across all company locations in the US and Mexico.
**Please note: this is not a remote-based role and must be based in the Madison, WI area**
- Defining and developing the EHS strategy on a companywide scale, providing leadership for the development of EHS systems, policies and processes across all locations
- Partner with senior and executive leadership at the corporate level, through to plant leadership teams, to ensure that a safety-first mindset is being successfully integrated into all daily operations. Prepare and present regular reports, KPIs and presentations as required to company leadership.
- Set EHS priorities, and lead positive culture change across the organization; introducing new programs, initatives and best practices in all areas of EH&S
- Lead the corporate EHS steering team that oversees strategic EHS initatives and KPIs across all locations
- Directly leading a team of EHS staff nationwide, with the scope to grow and develop this team
- Lead the development of the corporate EHS audit program, incident investigation and near miss processes, and EHS training programs
- Bachelor's degree required in a relevant field of study, e.g. safety, health, environmental, engineering, etc.
- Certifications such as CSP, CIH and CHMM would be preferred
- 10+ years of EHS leadership experience within relevant industrial manufacturing environments
- Experience of building EHS programs and developing strategy across multiple locations - experience and knowledge of Mexican EHS regulations would be highly preferred
- Strong analytical, communication and leadership skills, with the ability to influence successfully at all levels of a fast-paced organization; a track-record of driving tangible, positive EHS culture change on an organizational-wide scale
- Ability to travel 20-30% across the United States and Mexico
- Local to, or willing to relocate to, the Madison, WI area - a comprehensive relocation package can be offered to the right candidate