On behalf of our Client, we are looking for an additional Simulation Specialist to their R&D Team
About the Company
TenCate Advanced Armour is a global provider of lightweight, mission critical survivability and protection solutions for people working in hostile environments. TenCate Advanced Armour operates as a strategic partner, developing solutions to cover future protection scopes of their customers.
TenCate Advanced Armour, has more than 20 years of experience in providing design, testing, qualification, and manufacturing of lightweight Composite armor solutions for personnel, land vehicles, naval vessels and aircrafts.
TenCate Technical Center, is the R&D team of TenCate Advanced Armour. Operating as an independent unit within the organization, they develop new manufacturing methods, certify new materials and develop new state-of-the-art survivability solutions.
Why this job is a unique opportunity for you!
TenCate Technical Center, takes great pride in what they do, and fosters a strong work environment that seeks to develop personal growth. By joining the team of you will,
- Be working with new state-of-the-art technologies
- Be working with software simulation and materials and solutions to reduce the impact of ballistics
- Participate in developing new armor solutions that improves the survivability of deployed personnel working in hostile environments.
- Become a member of a highly skilled team working with high-tech materials and IT solutions
- Be working in a flat organization with the opportunity to influence you own work day and areas of responsibility.
About the Job - Simulation Specialist
The simulation specialist needs to fit into a collaborative team with similar skills but having other areas of responsibilities.
Your main task will be to plan and deliver high quality ballistic simulations, according to the schedule for R&D and EU funded projects.
You will use your skills in 3D (SolidWorks preferred) to make design models for increased value to simulation models. You probably already have an interest in computer hardware and software, as you will expectedly develop into becoming the main responsible person for the area related CAD and simulation activities.
All tasks will require utilizing both your technical and project management skills to prepare technical documentation, calibrate software simulation to material characteristics, as well as arrange and participate in testing of materials on test tracks in multiple countries. This serves the purpose of validating simulation models to ensure accurate and reliable software simulation of ballistic effects and documenting real-life protection.
Travelling days depends on the need for real-life-testing, but are expected to be no more than 20-30 days per year.
Below are some of (but not limited to) the tasks you will be expected to perform.
- Plan and deliver high quality ballistic- and explosive simulations according to the schedule for a EU funded project (and other internal development projects).
- Calibration of software values to match actual material characteristics
- Liaise with internal and external software and hardware specialists
- Provide input to schedules and plans.
- Ensure system stability and reliability by continuously maintaining the right balance between data validity and hardware to deliver simulation of high quality and precision.
- Deliver method statement and other types of documentation to ensure compliance with regulations and laws and knowledge sharing across the organization.
Skills and knowledge
- Experience in technical project management
- Ability to review large data sets, having an eye for abnormalities in numbers and figures.
- Experience with software simulation programs or knowledge about the how they work
- Knowledge about optimal storage and optimization of data.
- Skilled with 3D design in SolidWorks or other CAD programs.
- Good communicative skills, being fluent in English and preferably also in Danish.
You strive to deliver quality solutions and has a natural interest in materials science and technology. We are looking for a person who is good at planning, structured and able to deliver on promises.
The position is located in Vissenbjerg, Denmark, with reference to the Head of TenCate Technical Center DK, Christian, and Head of TenCate Technical Center EMEA, Jean.
This role profile outlines the main areas of responsibility. However, the role holder may be required to perform any other necessary duties within their experience and capabilities, occasionally.
Vacancy Reference: PR/020496
Vacancy Owner: Mads Damgaard Rathcke | Mads.Damgaard@shirleyparsons.com | | +45 28401064