Shirley Parsons is currently working with a major utilities contractor looking to appoint a Safety Manager in Dulles, Virginia. This candidate will be responsible for safety deliver across a major solar project.
In this role, the Safety Manager will be responsible for promoting company safety culture across job site engaging with project teams (e.g. Lineman, electricians etc). Interested applicants should have 5+ years' experience dealing with construction projects from an electrical safety standpoint. This is a permanent and salaried position.
This candidate most have a background in Civil Engineering and Electrical Safety, prior experience with LOTO, and be able to start immediately.
Salary: $110,000 - $120,000 + Accommodation Provided
- Safety Manager supporting all safety policies and programs
- Driving a culture of "Safety First" across the business to reduce injuries and accidents
- Conduct site audits and inspections, devise and deliver Safety training
- Management of EHS program, supporting, mentoring, delegating
- Assisting in evaluation and analysis of work place hazards and accidents
- A background in electrical safety is a pre-requisite
- Strong experience with LOTO
- 5 years + experience working within safety
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E
- OSHA 500 or CHST