A Fortune 100 manufacturer is seeking an experienced Safety Manager to serve as the lead point of contact for safety strategy and compliance across their foundry in the Waterloo, IA area. With support from the wider safety team, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the site maintains the highest standards of excellence for health and safety.
- Serve as the site leader and subject matter expert for all health and safety programs, initiatives, metrics and goals
- Work with leadership to reinforce safety culture and engagement, using a behavior-based approach
- Oversee facility audits and incident investigations
- Serve as safety expert and primary contact in respect to health and safety matters
- 3+ years of progressive safety experience in a foundry setting
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline required
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, adept at interfacing with all levels of employees and influencing senior leadership