A large aerospace company is seeking an EHS Specialist to assist the existing EHS team at their main facility in the Torrance, CA area. The successful candidate will help with hazardous waste handling and shipment as well as other EHS functions such as forklift and crane safety training, wastewater permit data collection, and Covid-19 contact tracing.
- Comply with all safe work practices, policies, and processes, and act in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform weekly hazardous waste storage inspection reports.
- Create routine reports to support environmental reporting requirements.
- Accomplish and maintain required training.
- 2+ years EHS experience within a manufacturing background
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS or related engineering or science discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others
- Practical knowledge of hazardous waste management including treatment and disposal of waste
- HAZWOPER, DOT, RCRA generator certification preferred