A fast-growing biotech company is looking for a new EHS Manager to work at its growing facilities. The incumbent will expand on existing programs to support the company as it expands in size and location. The manager will collaborate with employees at all levels, help educate & train on subjects such as chemical safety, biosafety, and laser safety, and manage applicable EHS permits and licenses.
The individual must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Act as the main point of contact and coordinate work of EHS vendors for the entire company
- Work with laboratory users to facilitate maintenance and resolve EHS issues
- Manage all aspects related to chemical, bio, and hazwaste including employee training, waste management, and vendors
- Maintain individual DOT and IATA hazmat shipping certifications.
- Manage submittals and filings associated with EPA, CUPA and other regulatory agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in a hard science such as chemistry, environmental, or biotech is preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant EHS management experience working with chemical waste, handling hazardous materials, or in a laboratory setting
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment such as biopharma, medical device, clinical lab, diagnostics, or food industry
- Knowledge of California and Federal regulations related to chemicals, biological materials, injury prevention, emergency response, etc.