A global specialty ingredients manufacturer is seeking an EHS Manager to lead the EHS function at their facility in the Berkeley, CA area. The EHS Manager will be responsible for maintaining all EHS programs and training for the site, as well as fostering a healthy safety culture and ensuring compliance with local, federal, and company regulations.
- Conduct industrial hygiene and ergonomic evaluations
- Support company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Monitor changes to all EHS regulations pertaining to their area and reviews recommendations for incorporation into EHS management systems and standards in a timely manner.
- Accountable for managing site EHS documentation to include program design, EHS data collection and posting, training documentation, and EHS reports
- 5+ years of EHS experience in a manufacturing setting, chemicals or food preferred
- B.S. Degree in Safety or Environmental Sciences, or related technical field
- Demonstrated experience implementing or overseeing EHS programs
- Knowledge of and experience working with GMP guidelines and regulations
- Knowledge of CalOSHA and CalEPA regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others