A global chemical manufacturing company is looking to appoint an Associate EHS Director at their large Bourbonnais, IL area facility. Working alongside the EHS Director, the successful candidate will be tasked with fostering a healthy safety culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Works with Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance and site management to drive the EHS performance and results.
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests, and submissions for the site.
- Monitors changes to all EHS regulations pertaining to their area and reviews recommendations for incorporation into EHS management systems and standards in a timely manner.
- Accountable for managing site EHS documentation to include program design, EHS data collection and posting, training documentation, and KPI reports.
- 7+ years of progressive EHS experience in a manufacturing environment, chemical setting preferred
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, EHS or related fields
- Experience with EHS Management systems, such as ISO 45001
- Experience mentoring and developing a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others