A global manufacturer is currently seeking a subject matter expert in machine guarding equipment safety to lead the development of safety programs across the machine guarding function at all of their sites across North America. Joining the corporate team the Safety Program Manager for Machine Safety will be responsible for managing engineering controls and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations. Based from one of the sites in the Southeast, the successful candidate will be expected serve as a communication link between management and employees by keeping all personnel informed of all mobile equipment related matters across their sites in Tennessee, North Carolina and Arkansas.
- Develop, site based resources and maintain the company's safety program as it relates to machine guarding
- Serve as the subject matter expert and primary contact in respect to all machine guarding matters
- Conduct safety inspections, risk assessments, and audits
- Interact with engineers on design and regulation of all machine guarding equipment
- B.S. degree in Safety Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or related technical field preferred
- 7+ years of EHS experience of machine guarding safety experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Excellent leadership, organization and communication skills