A leading aggregates, cement and construction company is looking to appoint a Regional Safety Director, in Salt Lake City, UT. You lead the development and continuous improvement of the company’s safety culture and program. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company, with a commitment to safety and who will offer continuous development opportunities.
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with heavy focus on employee engagement towards the safety program
- Highlight successes and focus areas to senior leadership, in order to continually develop the company safety program
- Lead a team of EHS professionals throughout the region
- Undertake job-site inspections, hazard observations, near miss investigations and audits across all operational projects as deemed necessary
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as: safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment etc.
- Ensure company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA & MSHA
- 7-10 years safety leadership experience in a similar environment
- A proven leader, with strong communication skills who can engage with internal & external stakeholders alike
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Safety, Engineering or other related discipline (preferred)
- Experience dealing with regulatory bodies e.g. OSHA & MSHA
- Able to travel as the role requires (circa. 25%)