We are working with an engineering contractor to find a Safety Manager based in Frederick, Maryland. This company delivers construction projects for some of the biggest utilities companies in the US.
This role is a growing organization, offering great career development opportunities working with some of the biggest clients in the electrical utilities and energy market.
The ideal candidate will have a Safety Degree and 3-5 years' + experience within safety in the construction or electrical utilities market.
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with heavy focus on employee engagement towards the safety program
- Work closely with both the Regional Executive, Safety Director and project superintendents on site in delivering a positive culture toward safety.
- Undertake job-site inspections, hazard observations, near miss investigations and audits across all operational projects as deemed necessary
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as: safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment etc.
- Ensure company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA
- Proven experience in a construction environment (circa. 3-5 years)
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Engineering or other related discipline (preferred)
- CHST or CUSP
- Proven communicator, who can engage with key internal & external stakeholders across all levels, from project teams to senior leadership
- Based in Maryland