A national food manufacturing organization is looking to appoint an Health and Safety Manager to oversee their operations in the St. Louis, MO area. Working alongside the site leadership team and in conjunction with the company EHS Director, the HS Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing health and safety programs, fostering a safety culture, and overseeing all training at the plant level. The incumbent will be tasked with conducting audits and acting as the interface between local and federal agencies to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Develop and implement health and safety programs and procedures
- Assist with permitting, monitoring, and reporting in compliance with local and federal agencies.
- Recommend corrective/preventative measures where indicated.
- Work with Senior EHS Team, Plant Manager and other staff to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience in operational health and safety roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety or related field.
- Previous experience managing health and safety programs and systems.
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem solving skills