£50,000 - £55,000 + up to 20% bonus
We are working with a leading company within the renewable energy sector who are seeking a HSE Advisor to join their team. The ideal candidate will come from a high-risk environment such as utilities, renewables or manufacturing and will be able to commute daily to the site in Yorkshire. The chosen candidate will be joining an existing team of 3 health and safety advisors and will be ensuring the safety of workers amongst a number of risks including lifting operations, confined spaces and environmental hazards.
The HSE Advisor will be responsible for:
- Ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental standards and responsibilities are understood by all and support their implementation through being an HSE champion and role model for colleagues and managers.
- Advising on and support compliance with HSE policies, legislation, and best practice
- Working with the HSE Lead and wider stakeholders, ensure that engineering outage shutdown and project work is managed to required safety standards.
- Be a role model for the Generation Safety Rules and Safety Instructions; train and lead others to engage with and implement safety rules.
- Working with the HSE Team Lead, support the HSE audit process and evaluate the effectiveness of all systems and procedures to identify and implement improvements.
The HSE Advisor will have:
- HNC or equivalent business, engineering or HSE related discipline (Desirable)
- Qualified with NEBOSH certificate.
- Ideally holds a NEBOSH Diploma (or working towards) (Desirable)
- Ideally Chartered member of IOSH (Grad IOSH minimum).
- Prior knowledge in Waste Management regulatory principles (Desirable)
- Prior experience working in energy, engineering, manufacturing, construction, or other high hazard industries.
- Experience in risk management and assessment and a thorough understanding of the application of risk mitigation/control.
Vacancy Reference: PR/026707
Vacancy Owner: Phillip Muston | firstname.lastname@example.org | (+44) 1296 611310 | (+44) 7725 258699