An international transportation company is seeking an Environmental Manager to be based in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
The incumbent will lead their environmental compliance and permitting systems, programs and strategy. The successful candidate will need a strong understanding of environmental compliance programs, tasked with developing and maintaining site environmental procedures.
- Oversee and manage all environmental compliance, reporting, permitting and certifications for the company; these include air permitting and reporting, spill prevention, hazardous waste, storm water and wastewater programs.
- Provide technical guidance and stay up to date on all relevant environmental standards and regulations that impact the organization, at federal, state and local level.
- Oversee and lead all environmental audits and collaborate with various stakeholders to implement corrective action plans, based on these findings.
- Act as liaison to local, state, and federal agencies and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Science/Engineering field is required.
- 3+ years in relatable Environmental roles.
- Extensive knowledge with Air Permitting and regulations, including experience with Title V permits.
- Strong understanding of Hazwaste, Wastewater, Stormwater regulation requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.