An architect and engineering firm is looking to appoint a Director of Sustainability. The Director of Sustainability will be responsible for spearheading sustainability initiatives across multiple business units and geographies; influencing and engaging with stakeholders at various levels of the business; and monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues. This is a highly visible role, and the incumbent will be expected to attend conferences and deliver presentations to clients and professional organizations.
As this is a National leadership vacancy, the incumbent is expected to travel to all office locations. The incumbent can be located in any major metropolitan hub.
- Develop and oversee company-wide Sustainability & Resilience strategy, working hands-on to implement programs across multiple sites
- Spearhead sustainability initiatives including the company’s AIA 2030 commitment goals, CDP reporting, and recycling and energy use programs
- Continually assessing and improving sustainability and resilience practices to ensure they are effective and efficient.
- Working with in-house communications team to create high-quality content that is informative and engaging.
- LEED Accreditation
- 15+ years of experience in the engineering, architect or design field
- Registered Architect or Professional Engineer in good standing
- 5+ years of experience leading Sustainability for an organization or business unit