We are working with an engineering contractor to find a Safety Manager based in Springfield, Massachusetts. This company is seeking a construction safety professional available to start in October on a 10 month long government construction project.
The ideal candidate will have 5 years' + experience as a Safety Manager and a track record in undertaking construction site safety management.
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with heavy focus on employee engagement towards the safety program
- Work closely with both the Regional Executive, Safety Director and project superintendents on site in delivering a positive culture toward safety.
- Undertake job-site inspections, hazard observations, near miss investigations and audits across all operational projects as deemed necessary
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as: safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment etc.
- Ensure company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA
- Proven experience in a construction environment (circa. 5 years)
- CHST/OSHA 500/OSHA 510
- Proven communicator, who can engage with key internal & external stakeholders across all levels, from project teams to senior leadership
- To work in Springfield, MA