A national, industry-leading distribution company is seeking a Regional Sr. EHS Manager for their Midwest operations; this comprises a network of 5 warehousing and distribution locations. Reporting into the Regional EHS Director, this position will play a key role in driving positive EHS culture change, program and process improvements in the region.
This role can be based from any of the following locations with the expectation for 50% travel.
Please note: there is NO option for a remote or hybrid work option for this role.
Fort Wayne, IN
Urbana- Champaign, IL
Racine/ Milwaukee, WI
- Provide support to company leadership and site leadership teams, on their journey to world-class EHS performance
- Monitor and measure EHS performance metrics in the US region, and utilize these to identify trends, areas for improvement, and propose related improvement programs/projects accordingly
- Perform frequent site visits, audits and inspections to support local EHS needs
- Develop and implement the regional and top-level requirements for ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 programs / certifications. Ensure regional leadership are knowledgeable with their roles and responsibilities to support an integrated EHS management system
- Develop and lead improvements to relevant areas of the EHS program such as audits, investigations, management systems, corrective action deployment, and training, throughout the region.
- Managing a team of 5 x direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- CSP or ASP certification is required
- 7-10+ years of relevant EHS experience, within manufacturing or distribution environments
- Multi-site experience is preferred - candidates must be willing and able to travel up to 50%
- Experience managing teams of EHS professionals as direct reports effectively
- Experience in successfully developing and deploying ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 management systems
This role comes with a competitive base salary, bonus scheme, unlimited flex time and excellent benefits package.