A global retail company is seeking a progressive Regional Safety Manager to lead the safety function and programs for the organization in their US region. This is an excellent opportunity to join a mission-driven, values-oriented organization. Seeking an experienced health and safety leader with a highly collaborative approach, to revamp existing programs and procedures, and centralize the safety function in this strategic position, with the opportunity to build and grow an EHS team beneath it.
Please note: this role can be based from anywhere within a short drive from Boston, Providence, Hartford, or New York City.
- Develop and implement company-wide safety strategy
- Build relationships at all levels of the organization; work collaboratively with operations, risk management, legal, facilities and other departments to spearhead key safety initiatives and improvements
- Serve as a thought leader and subject matter expert on safety practices
- Implement and maintain management systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, as well as internal company standards
- 5+ years of health and safety experience, ideally in retail or a related field
- Bachelor's degree preferred, ideally in Occupational Safety, Safety Engineering or related field
- ASP or CSP preferred
- Experience in a strategic role, leading the safety function for multiple locations
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills