Shirley Parsons is partnered with a global renewable energy firm seeking a QHSE Advisor for an on shore wind installation project in New Jersey. This is a long term contract opportunity.
Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or authorized to work in the United States (No Sponsorship Available) to be considered. Previous experience supporting wind turbine installation projects or other major construction projects required.
• QHSE risks related to the assigned Projects are managed to be as low as reasonably practicable
• Key Performance Indicators for QHSE performance, for the assigned Projects are below target
• Daily reporting of, following up on or investigating of QHSE related cases or incidents
• Ensuring all cases are adequately followed up and close out is achieved in a timely manner, with shared learnings communicated to all relevant stakeholders
• Creating a strong QHSE culture by taking a proactive lead in engaging with internal and external stakeholders
• Minimum 5-10 years’ work experience with QHSE, ideally from relevant fields of industry (i.e., construction, infrastructure, offshore, energy and infrastructure industries)
• Relevant academic or technical background, e.g., BSc in an Occupational HSE and/or engineering type field
• Completed NEBOSH General, Construction certificate or ASP/CSP level, or similar recognized (Q)HSE qualification
• Have the Global Wind Organization Standard Basic Safety Training (BST), and USCG Medical and or Oil & Gas UK medical certificate (incl. Chester step test) or equivalent, or have the ability to pass same
• IT literate (Microsoft office package, knowledge of Synergi is an advantage)
• Union construction experience