A global chemical manufacturing company is looking to appoint an HSES Manager to oversee the EHS function at one of their key locations in the East St. Louis, Illinois area. The HSES Manager will be a key part of the site leadership team and will be the EHS subject matter expert for this location. The successful candidate will be tasked with fostering and influencing a positive, proactive EHS culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage employees across the facility.
- Acts as a change-agent, influencing plant employees and management to drive the EHS performance.
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Accountable for managing site EHS documentation, writing and implementing EHS policies.
- Leads site audits, training and investigations, recommending corrective actions where necessary, and risk assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline.
- 7+ years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing (or related) environment.
- 5+ years of management/supervisory responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence a positive EHS culture within a manufacturing plant, and tangible evidence of improving plant-level EHS performance and culture.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Certified Safety Professional, and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist preferred.
- Experience working with Union workforce preferred.