Fort William - Scotland
We have partnered with Alvance British Aluminium who are a leading specialist heavy industry manufacturing organisation based in Fort William, Scotland. This is a great opportunity to work on Europe’s largest aluminium smelter, and the UK’s only remaining aluminium smelter. ALVANCE’s Fort William smelter is powered by GFG Alliance’s hydroelectric station located on the slopes of Ben Nevis, Scotland’s highest mountain.
Alvance British Aluminium are currently seeking an Environmental Specialist to join the team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that supports and promotes Sustainability and you will use your knowledge to drive the business forward by using Sustainable practices. You will provide the business with support to ensure compliance with all environmental legislation and site licences. As well as providing advice and guidance, and assisting with the obtaining of environmental consents, permits and exemptions such as discharge consents, abstraction licenses and environmental permits.
The Environmental Specialist will be responsible for:
- The application, extension, amendment and monitoring of environmental permits.
- Collection and analysis of data to the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, local and statutory bodies as required.
- Vocal point for sustainability initiatives (carbon reduction, biodiversity net gain etc.) for the business.
- Provides technical and specialist Environmental support to site.
- Monitors compliance with statutory responsibilities, regulatory obligations and the business management system (ISO 14001:2015 and ASI)
- Development and promotion of environmental improvement and sustainability.
The Environmental Specialist will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in environmental science or relevant field
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, interpretations, and health and safety programs.
- Aptitude to solve problems quickly with advanced conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Vacancy Reference: PR/027019
Vacancy Owner: Emily Swindlehurst | email@example.com | (+44) 1296 611321 | (+44) 7773 978 494