A global industrial manufacturing company is seeking an Environmental & Land Manager to help oversee the Environmental programs at their Hagerstown, MD area location. This business invests heavily in its EHS programs and has developed a strong environmental culture in which both the CEO and President take active roles. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing a healthy environmental culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Work with local, state, and federal environmental agencies on environmental compliance
- Act as public liaison on all environmental matters.
- Influences Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance and site management to drive the Environmental performance and results.
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Monitors changes to all environmental regulations pertaining to their area and reviews recommendations for incorporation into environmental management systems and standards in a timely manner.
- Accountable for managing site environmental documentation to include program design, environmental data collection and posting, training documentation, and environmental KPI reports.
- Participates as a leader for audits and assigns environmental resources to audits in their area.
- 4+ years in environmental roles with a heavy manufacturing setting.
- Experience with Title V, PSD, NSR, and other air permitting programs preferred.
- Experience with Land Zoning and Land Due Diligence programs preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in, Environmental Science, Earth Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.