Energy Manager - Building Performance
Flexible on location in England (e.g. London, Birmingham, Kent, Bristol, Manchester etc)
A leading principle contractor is looking to identify an Energy Manager for a brand new role in the business. This is a great opportunity to make the role your own, network across the business, and work on a variety of projects and initiatives.
The Energy Manager - Building Performance will be responsible for:
- Being a main point of contact for the principal contractor in relation to net zero carbon for buildings.
- Understanding the design of buildings in relation to energy performance, and where the gaps are, to help improve energy efficiency.
- Working closely with design teams, M&E consultants, etc, to ensure energy goals are being met, whether this is building a net zero carbon office or improving the EPC rating of an existing building. As well as looking at embodied carbon.
- Supporting the business with your expertise, throughout the construction life cycle, ensuring building performance expectations are being met throughout and post completion.
- You will be advising and supporting teams to deliver against strategies, looking at thermal modelling, controls plans and ensuring there is consistent monitoring.
The Energy Manager - Building Performance will have:
- A passion for sustainability and net zero carbon.
- Strong communication skills, as you will be interacting with individuals who aren't experts in energy
- Good technical knowledge on energy modelling, ideally with some software experience such as IES/One-Click-LCA or similar.
- High attention to detail
- Experience understanding building performance in relation to energy. Our client will consider candidates from all sectors as long as skills are transferrable, this can include but not limited to: construction, consultancy, FM, real estate, property etc.
Vacancy Reference: PR/025941
Vacancy Owner: Sarah Gould | email@example.com | 01296 611317 | (+44) 7485 329480