A leading industrial manufacturer is looking to appoint an EHS Specialist to oversee the EHS function at their small site outside of Ann Arbor, MI. The EHS Specialist will be the EHS subject matter expert for this location. The successful candidate will be tasked with fostering and influencing a healthy safety culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage employees at various levels of the business.
- Acts as a change-agent, influencing plant employees and management to drive the EHS performances and lead the plant to a world-class safety program
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Accountable for managing site EHS documentation
- Leads site EHS audits and recommends corrective actions where necessary
- 2+ years of EHS experience in a manufacturing setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, IH, Physical Science/Engineering or a related technical field
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills