A global automotive manufacturer is currently seeking an EHS Specialist to join its Brighton, MI area plant. The EHS Specialist will be responsible for overseeing a 300-employee manufacturing facility. The incumbent will be responsible with helping to create, implement and maintain safety programs. The successful candidate will be expected serve as a communication link between management and employees by keeping all personnel informed of EHS related matters.
- Implement a safety training curriculum and procedures to eliminate injuries and illnesses.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with company and government standards
- Oversee facility audits and incident investigations
- Serve as safety expert and primary contact in respect to health and safety matters
- 2+ years of EHS experience within a manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Industrial Health related field