A leading industrial manufacturing organization is looking to appoint an Safety Specialist on an 18 month contract.
This role will oversee safety at one of their key locations. This position will sit within the senior management team for the location, acting as the standalone EHS professional within a high-risk, fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing a healthy safety culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business. Interested candidates must have experience with Risk Assessments and Machine Guarding.
- Influences Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance and site management to drive the EHS performance and results.
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Monitors changes to all EHS regulations pertaining to their area and reviews recommendations for incorporation into EHS management systems and standards in a timely manner.
- Accountable for managing site EHS documentation to include program design, EHS data collection and posting, training documentation, and EHS KPI reports.
- Participates as a leader for audits and assigns EHS resources to audits in their area.
- 4+ years in operational and EHS roles within a manufacturing setting.
- EHS experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of Wastewater issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.