£45,000 - £50,000 + benefits
We have exclusively partnered with a professional services organisation who support the Utilities and Power industry, who have an opportunity for an Associate Ecologist to join their Bristol based team.
The Associate Ecologist will be responsible for:
- Work with internal and external teams liaising with clients such as Natural England, County Ecologists, Local Authority planning officers, and stakeholders whilst working on a wide range of utility and built development projects.
- Liaise with clients, consisting of engineers, developers and landowners, where you’ll provide ecological advice on how to facilitate development on their project.
- Input into development and design proposals, including advising on appropriate site location and construction methodologies, assisting with gaining the necessary consents and licenses in order to deliver medium/large scale infrastructure, water, renewables and a variety of other energy projects.
- Offer ecological advice and provide innovative mitigation solutions enhancement and consideration across a range of sites and schemes with varying levels of Environmental and ecological sensitivities, including those with National and European designation.
The Associate Ecologist will have:
- Hold a degree in an environmental-related discipline and be working towards becoming a full member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environment Management (CIEEM).
- Have an understanding of Ecological Impact Assessments, planning regulations and nature conservation legislations.
- Have an interest and possibly already have a knowledge of legislation and policy requirements associated with Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and Special Protection Areas (SPA) and other relevant designations.
- Ideally hold at least one licence to survey Protected Species or be working towards this.
Vacancy Reference: PR/026196
Vacancy Owner: Emily Swindlehurst | firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 1296 611321 | +44 7773 978 494